What’s ahead for dementia design?
This issue of AJDC explores the topic of environmental design for people living with dementia.
Also in this issue
- What people with dementia want from residential care homes: Kate Swaffer explains, based on her experience living with younger onset dementia, as a past care partner and from feedback gathered during interviews with people with dementia around Australia
- The adventures of Gladys in (an augmented) wonderland: An innovative design project looks at the potential of wearable ‘smart’ devices and augmented reality to enable people with dementia in public spaces
- Making a day a great day: Are we really focusing on the most important things in residential aged care? How can design offer opportunities for residents with dementia to enjoy life and pursue their interests?
- Designs on the future: A successful teaching program for architecture students aims to increase the number of empathetic and dementia-aware designers
- Will good dementia design prevail?: Using examples from around the world, architect David Hughes discusses what’s been achieved and the many challenges still ahead
- Translating knowledge about environmental design into practice
- Supporting residents to vote: Practical advice on how people with dementia living in residential care can be supported to vote. Read the article here: https://journalofdementiacare.com/supporting-the-right-to-vote/
- Loaded meanings – the narrative of behaviour: A perspective on the debate about language choice and its role in the perception and portrayal of dementia and behaviour
- Adult safeguarding: creating positive care cultures: explores the links between organisational culture and abuse
- The story of dementia – Steven Sabat: John Killick continues his series on the history of dementia through the stories of individualsTo get your copy of the latest issue subscribe and pay online (for a 20% discount) or call (03) 8317 8163 / email firstname.lastname@example.org (standard subscription rates apply)
Plus the latest dementia research news, resources and events