NPS MedicineWise has developed a substantial number of resources as part of its focused work since 2020 on dementia and psychotropic medicines.
- Two webinars available to view at any time (‘Dementia: a multi-disciplinary approach to caring for people with changed behaviours’ and ‘Working together to enhance transitions of care for people with dementia’).
- Two educational programs related to professionals working in residential aged care, involving visits (one aimed at GPs, the other at nurses and pharmacists).
- Two podcasts (Dementia and Changed Behaviours: A Person-Centred Approach and A Lived Experience ff Dementia and Changed Behaviours).
- Several online articles.
- A resource directory, and
- A tool to facilitate multidisciplinary review of antipsychotic medicines prescribed for people with dementia experiencing changed behaviour (‘Reviewing and tapering antipsychotic medicines for changed behaviour’).
- The webinars and educational programs may be counted as CPD, with guidance on times for self-directed CPD.All the resources and educational offers are available for free atwww.nps.org.au/professionals/antipsychotic-medicines
Stock image: www.freepik.com